Chef Instructor - Cookery School
Cooks Academy is Dublin’s premier Cookery School where we teach everyone from the absolute beginner cook right up to professional cooks. Cooks Academy is located at 19 South William Street, Dublin 2 and it is literally a few footsteps from Dublin’s thriving Grafton Street.
With the launch of our 8 Week Certificate in Professional Cookery we are expanding our team of Chef Instructors. The Chef Instructor role is an excellent opportunity for a Chef with experience in fine dining to make a career change and make their mark in an innovative and service driven company. They will join our team of experienced chef tutors in Dublin’s top cookery school. Working a 40 hour week and reporting to the Operations Manager, the role affords the successful candidate substantial independence and scope to develop their culinary career in this exciting, dynamic and forward thinking business. Specifically the role involves;
- Teaching demonstration and hands on cookery lessons
- Kitchen Management
- Working with team to ensure high customer service standards
- Running corporate and external cookery lessons & events
- Motivating and Training Staff
- Managing excellence in health and hygiene standards
The right person for this job will display the following skills and attributes:
- Will have a formal food training from a reputable college or IT.
- Fluent English Speaker with experience of working in professional kitchens.
- Ideally will have taught cookery before but if not needs to be able to display an aptitude for teaching to include outgoing positive personality, patience, strong listening skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Must be passionate about food, cooking with local and seasonal produce.
- Must be ambitious, pro-active, personable and have excellent presentation skills.
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Negotiable depending on experience.