6 large eggs, separated
230g icing sugar
250ml double cream
250ml strong black coffee
250ml Tia Maria
300g Christmas Pudding
Cocoa, for dusting
- Whisk the egg yolks and icing sugar until pale and thick. Fold in the mascarpone.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until spft peak form. Fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture with a spatula until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Combine the coffee and Tia Maria in a bowl. Spoon a layer of the mascarpone mixture into 8 glasses.
- Dip the Christmas Pudding into the coffee mixture and then crumble them into the glasses.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mascarpone mixture and Christmas Pudding.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Dust with cocoa and serve.