1 tbsp olive oil
100g smoked lardons (pancetta)
500g Brussels Sprouts, washed
5g thyme leaves
50g baby pickled onions, drained
5g parsley leaves, freshly chopped
Sea salt and pepper
- Slice across the base of each sprout and peel away the bruised side leaves, then slice each sprout into approx 4.
- Add oil to a hot pan and fry the pancetta, draining off any excess grease.
- Add butter and a splash of olive oil followed by the sliced sprouts and then add in wine (the wine helps them steam and not burn), toss and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in thyme leaves and pickled onions and season well with salt and pepper.
- Before the brussels sprouts overcook and lose their fresh green colour, stir in the cream.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.