For ganache mix
200g agave syrup
50g cocoa powder
zest 1 orange
100g melted coconut oil
For the crumb base
200g toasted pecan nuts
175g dried dates
20g cocoa powder (3 tbsp)
sunflower oil (for oiling 7" round cake tray)
- Blend together the avocadoes, agave syrup, cocoa powder for ganache and nearly all the orange zest until very smooth. Make sure well blended.
- Melt the coconut oil then slowly add to the above while still blending. Blend till all added and smooth.
- Meanwhile pulse the dates in a blender for one minute.
- Add the toasted pecans and blend until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Lightly oil a 7" round cake tin with a loose bottom and press the date mixture into the pan to form a base, then place in the fridge.
- Remove the crumb base from the fridge and pour the ganache mixture over the base, ensuring it is smooth and even. Top with remaining orange zest.
- Return to the fridge and leave to set for at least two hours or even better overnight.