4 Duck Breasts, Skin on, and scored
100g Alsace bacon, diced or aged smoked bacon
2 Shallots Finely Diced
2 cloves of garlic, pureed
400g cannellini beans
4 spring onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp of finely chopped chives
Sprig of thyme
100ml white wine
400ml chicken stock
25ml white wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 180°c
- In a cold pan, add the duck skin side down.
- Place onto a low heat and after 5 minutes, pour out excess fat, and turn up the heat.
- Fry till the skin develops a lovely golden colour. Turn over and brown the other side.
- Remove the duck from the pan and place onto a roasting tray and add to the oven for 5/8 minutes.
- Add the diced bacon to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. When the bacon is crispy add the shallots, thyme and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Next add the wine and vinegar, then reduce by half. Add the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and your beans to heat them through.
- Fold in the herbs, butter and spring onion, and don’t forget to season well.
- Slice your duck and serve on top of your bean ragout.