2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
6 Italian fennel, fresh pork sauces, meat removed from skins and crumbled
1 tbsp rosemary, leaves chopped
1 tbsp parsley, leaves chopped
1 bay leaf
1 red chillies, chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes,
150ml double cream
80g parmesan, freshly grated
Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion until light brown. Add the crumbled sausage, rosemary, bay leaves and chilli. Fry together over a high heat, stirring to mash the sauces.
- Discard most of the oil, continue to cook for 20 minutes to brown the sausage meat.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and return to the boil. Remove from the stone.
- Cook the rigatoni in a generous amount of boiling salted water, then drain thoroughly.
- Stir the cream into the sauce along with the drained rigatoni and half the parmesan.
- Serve with the remaining parmesan.