60ml balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp shallots, thinly sliced
1 tbsp honey
75ml extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
6 medium beetroot, cooked and quartered
600g fresh rocket
60g walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
50g dried cranberries or dried cherries
1 orange juice and zest
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 8.
- Whisk the vinegar, shallots, honey and juice of the orange in a medium bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the beets in a small bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- Place the beetroot on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the beetroot are slightly caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 12 mins.
- Set aside to cool.
- Toss the rocket, walnuts and cranberries in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound the salad onto four plates. Arrange the beetroot around the salad.