400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ red onion, sliced into fine wedges
4 pitted green olives, chopped
½ green chilli, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
10g fresh basil, leaves roughly torn
2 ripe avocadoes
3 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp honey
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until emulsified and season to taste.
- Remove the stalk from the tomato, score a cross in the base of the tomato, then immerse it in boiling water for 30 seconds, before plunging into cold water. Peel away the loosened skin, cut the tomatoes into chunky dice.
- In a salad bowl, mix together the chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, olives and chilli and toss to coat in the dressing.
- Add in the red pepper and basil leaves.
- Just before serving, quarter, stone and peel the avocado. Cut into bite size chunks and mix into the salad.
To save time, mix the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl, add in the salad ingredients and toss it all together just before serving.