50g pecan nuts
2 tbsp honey
150g blue cheese (St. Agur, Cashel Blue or Stilton), chilled
1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
150g watercress, washed
2 tsp chives, finely chopped
4 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the pecan nuts in an ovenproof dish or baking tray and drizzle with the honey. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the honey darkens and bubbles (stir halfway through to recoat the nuts as the honey loosens).
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and season to taste.
- Slice the pear (if preparing ahead, toss in lemon juice, to prevent the pear discolouring).
- Remove the cheese from the fridge and crumble up into small pieces.
- Just before serving, place the watercress in a salad bowl and toss in the dressing, until the leaves are evenly coated.
- Scatter over the honeyed nuts, blue cheese, pear, and chives. Serve immediately