500g firm white fish like cod, snapper or ling
1 garlic clove minced
¼ tsp chili powder
2 tbsp vegetable oil
salt and cracked black pepper
½ small red cabbage shredded
½ red onion thinly sliced
1 bunch fresh coriander chopped
8 soft 10 cm corn tortillas
- Marinade the fish with the juice of half a lime, garlic, cumin, chili powder and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and rest for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine the cabbage with onions, coriander, salt, 1 tbsp oil and the juice of one lime to make a slaw.
- Heat a chargrill and place the fish on it. Don’t move the fish until it has changed color about half way up the side of the fish. Flip the fish over and cook for about another 2 minutes. Transfer the fish to a warm plate.
- In a dry heavy base pan over a medium heat toast the tortillas for about 2 minutes both sides and transfer to a tea towel to keep warm.
- Build your own tortilla with fish, slaw and garnishes.