20 beetroots washed
125ml vegetable oil
125ml white wine vinegar
480ml (2 cups) Kecap Manis
Shicimi Togarashi (7 spice blend form Japan)
1 bunch spring onions sliced
- Drizzle the whole beetroots with vinegar and oil and wrap in tin foil making sure it is an air tight pocket.
- Roast in oven at 180°C for 2 hours. When slightly cool peel by rubbing the skins.
- Cut the beets in chunks and toss in cornstarch until covered.
- Deepfry at 180°C until crisp.
- Garnish with green onion and Shichimi Togarashi and serve with Kecap Manis.