½/ 600g of Cauliflower (cut in florets)
100g onion chopped finely
100g leeks chopped finely
2 cloves garlic crushed
75g potato finely diced
1 litre Chicken Stock
50g Chorizo diced and sautéed
Basil Oil for Garnish.
- Sweat the onions, leeks and garlic in butter until soft but do not brown.
- Add the cauliflower and cook gently for 3 - 4 mins.
- Add the potato.
- Gradually add the stock, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 mins or until cauliflower soft.
- Purée the soup and adjust consistency with the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot in a warm bowl and garnish with chorizo and basil oil.