1 x Hollandaise sauce
2 tsp salt
4 large organic eggs
4 soft round rolls (or unsweetened English muffins), sliced in half
8 thin slices smoked ham
1 tbsp finely chopped chives, to garnish
- Make up hollandaise sauce and keep warm (refer to recipe in sundry chapter).
- Add 2 teaspoons of table salt to a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir to make a whirlpool, break in 1 egg and cook gently for 3 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon onto a plate and repeat with the other eggs.
- Keep the water hot while you toast the muffin halves under the grill. Keep warm.
- Just before serving, slide the eggs back into the hot water for 30 seconds to heat through, then lift out and drain on kitchen paper.
- Divide the muffins between plates and top one half muffin with 1-2 slices of ham and an egg. Spoon over the warm hollandaise, garnish with chives and serve with the remaining muffin halves.
Substitute the ham with cooked spinach for Eggs Florentine or Smoked Salmon for Eggs Royale aka Salmon Benedict.