Please read and familiarise yourself with Cooks Academy's Terms & Conditions before booking lessons or purchasing gift vouchers.
Terms and Conditions for Short Courses
- Full payment must be made prior to a lesson commencing to reserve your place.
- With 21 days or more notice of cancellation your booking can be transferred to another course or a full refund less 10% administration charge will be given. With 14 days or more notice of cancellation your booking can be transferred to another course or a full refund less 20% administration charge will be given.
- We operate a strict cancellation policy. No refund will be given when less than 14 days notice is given but you are welcome to send another in your place.
- Cooks Academy can under no circumstances provide refunds or alternative dates for missed classes.
- Cooks Academy reserves the right to alter or amend courses.
- Cooks Academy reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses. Customers will be offered a refund, alternative date or alternative course.
- Classes start on time so please arrive punctually out of consideration to other participants.
- Sample recipes and sample techniques in course descriptions are for illustrative purpose only.
- A Disabled Access Certificate (DAC) has been granted to Cooks Academy by Dublin City Council. Our disabled access is on Drury St. To ensure we can meet all your needs we would ask that you call one week prior to the course.
Terms and Conditions for Culinary Programmes
- Prior to booking it is advised that students disclose to Cooks Academy any illnesses, impairments, disabilities or food allergies which would potentially hinder their or fellow students’ full participation in the course.
- The fee for the Certificate in Professional Cookery is €5,450. The fee for the Certificate in Practical Cookery is €2,950. A non refundable booking deposit of 20% of the course fee is payable on enrollment. There is no VAT on fees.
- Cooks Academy may, at its discretion, insist on interviewing applicants for the course. This will be done after the booking deposit has been paid and Cooks Academy can at its discretion refuse enrollment in which case the booking deposit will be refunded in full.
- Course fees must be paid for in advance. Balance of Course fee, and Equipment Fees must be paid no less than 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the course. If the applicant fails to comply with this condition, the school cannot guarantee a place.
- The school shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to students or their property, in respect of their neglect, act or omission.
- If a student wishes to cancel a course, the school will make a full refund less the 20% deposit, which will be retained to cover administration costs, provided that cancellation in writing reaches Cooks Academy not less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course. For cancellations within 6 weeks of the course start and where balance of fees have been paid the student remains liable for the full fees. If the student leaves prior to completion of the course, no refund shall be given.
- The full booking fee will be returned if the school is unable to offer a place on the course for which the student wishes to enroll.
- If, after receipt of course fees and during the period prior to commencement or during the course itself, a student is considered by Cooks Academy to be unsuitable for any reason, the student may be required to leave, either immediately or within a specified time. If a student is asked to leave during the course the student is not entitled to a refund of any fees.
- Fees cannot be refunded if classes are missed through illness or for any other reason. Students who have been absent for more than 3 half days sessions will not receive a certificate. Exceptions will be made at Cooks Academy’s discretion and on sight of doctor’s letter.
- In the event of failure to pass certificate examination, arrangements for a retake can be made and charged at full exam fee of €150.00.
- Cooks Academy reserves the right to change the timing or content of any course or of the curriculum and to substitute any teacher or instructor or to cancel a course at any time.
- Course fees and dates are quoted at the time of going to print and Cooks Academy reserve the right to make alterations as and when desired, necessary or relevant. Students will be notified as soon as is practicable of any change.
- Students must be over 16 at commencement of course.
Terms and Conditions for Gift Vouchers
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed online or by telephone. Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
- Gift vouchers are for cookery lessons only and can not be used for retail products.
- Once a course is booked by redeeming a gift voucher, Cooks Academy Terms and Conditions for Cookery Lessons (above) apply to that booking.
- Unwanted Gift Vouchers can be refunded with a 25% Administration charge within 30 calendar days of purchase. After 30 days unwanted Gift Vouchers cannot be refunded.
- Unless otherwise stated Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed against courses and events held at Cooks Academy where the booking is handled by a third party.
Terms and Conditions for Promotional Codes
- Promotional codes cannot be combined with any other offer or another promotional code.
- Promotional codes cannot be used for third party courses and events held at Cooks Academy where the booking is handled by the third party.
- Unless otherwise stated promotional codes are valid for 1 week.