- 200g Buckwheat flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml yoghurt
- 200ml milk
- 1 orange rind
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs dill
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 egg whites, whisked till stiff peaks
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Blend all the wet ingredients except the egg white and incorporate it into the dry mix.
3. Using a metal spoon fold in the stiffly whisked egg white in 3 stages.
4. Fry the pancakes on a medium heat with vegetable oil.
5. As a garnish suggestion, why not try dressing your pancakes with some smoked salmon and creme fraiche, with a little fresh rocket on the side?
This recipe is served on our Essential Cafe Cooking Course. Why not come and join in our next one where you will learn how to make this and more.