1 Puff Pastry Sheet (makes 9)
3 tbsp Raspberry or Blackcurrant Jam (or jam of your choice)
1 Egg (Egg Wash)
50g icing sugar, sieved
1-2 tbsp lemon juice (or hot water)
- Take a sheet of puff pastry and cut into similar size squares.
- Take one square & using a small knife, make diagonal cuts in all 4 corners. Cut towards the center but make sure to not cut through the center. Repeat with all of them.
- Fill the center of each square with a teaspoon of jam.
- Next, take one corner of the square and fold towards the center. Repeat 3 more times, always taking every other corner to form star (or windmill !). Press the pastry tip into the base pastry to ensure it sticks together.
- Brush them with the egg wash (1 small egg beaten).
- Bake at 180 Degrees Celsius for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool fully before decorating with icing sugar.
- To decorate, stir just enough lemon juice into the icing sugar to give it a bright-white yet creamy consistency (the consistency of custard). Drizzle each pastry with icing.
If you are enjoying these Homeschool Recipes, please take a few seconds to 5 Star rate us on Google Please give us a Google Review
Sign Up to our Home Baking Workshop - Dublin Cooking Classes!