75g plain flour
50g wholemeal flour
50g porridge oats
5g baking powder
25g caster sugar
15ml sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
250ml semi-skimmed milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 bananas, halved and quartered lengthways
25g pecan nuts
small tub of natural yoghurt
- For the pancakes, mix together the plain and wholemeal flours, oats, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the egg, oil and a quarter of the milk. Mix well, then gradually add the rest of the milk to make a thick batter. Leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Using about 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake, cook 2-3 pancakes at a time. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- To make caramel bananas and pecan nuts, gently heat the butter in a frying pan until melted, then add the maple syrup and stir well. Add the bananas and pecan nuts to the pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, turning once, or until the bananas have just softened and the sauce has caramelised.
- To serve, place 2 pancakes on each of five warmed plates and top with caramel bananas and pecan nuts. Drop a tbsp of natural yoghurt on top. Serve immediately.