50g diced Butter
600g salted peanuts (skinless)
½ tsp bread soda
50g dark chocolate (for coating)
- Add the water, sugar and glucose to a large clean pot, bring to the boil and cook for 6 – 8 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and starts to turn to a caramel colour, 160°C on a thermometer.
- Whisk in the diced soft butter (with a long handled whisk so as to prevent contact with the hot steam which is produced when the butter is added).
- Sieve the bread soda into the crushed peanuts and then add the peanuts into the caramel, mix until the peanuts are fully coated.
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper on the work surface and pour the peanut brittle onto it.
- Then cover with another large sheet of parchment paper and using a rolling pin, roll the mix out to a ¼ inch thickness. When the mix is still warm, cut with a large knife into required shape or allow to hardened and break into pieces.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie or in a microwave. Drizzle over brittle and allow chocolate to set.
- Store in an air tight container.