1 lemon, juiced
1 heaped tsp horseradish
110g smoked trout
250g sliced smoked salmon
200g cream cheese
handful fresh dill
Equipment: ½lb loaf tin or ramekins.
- Line the ½lb loaf tin with clingfilm. A good trick is to wet the tin first so the clingfilm sticks to it.
- Next, over the layer of clingfilm, line the tin with sliced smoked salmon (ensuring that you leave enough salmon hanging over the edges to fold over at the end).
- In batches, blitz ½ the smoked salmon and all the trout with the cream cheese.
- Put all the mixture in a bowl, season with lemon, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Put into the lined tin, and fold over the overhanging salmon slices.
- Chill very well in the fridge for 1 hour until set.
- Remove from the fridge immediately before slicing and use a serrated knife dipped in a jug of boiling water for a nice clean slice (wipe the knife clean with paper towel between each slice).
Note: You may also add a layer of blanched asparagus spears or deseeded cucumber.