4 Turkey Escalopes
4 slices Parma Ham
200g Sage Stuffing
Puff Pastry (cut into 4 rectangles 6x8inch)
Salt and Pepper
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300ml double cream
40g butter cubed
¼ tsp nutmeg, finely grated
1kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
150g baby spinach, washed
Preheat the oven to 200°C
- For the Stuffing: see ingredients and method below
- For the Wellington: Place a frying pan on a medium heat. season the turkey escalopes and seal them in a hot pan until they are light golden in colour on both sides. Once sealed transfer the escalope onto the centre of the puff pastry. Place some of the sage stuffing on top of the turkey and then a slice of parma ham. Seal the wellington, baste with egg wash (lightly whisked egg) and bake in the oven for 20mins.
- For the gratin: Crush the garlic and place into a large sauce pan with the milk, cream and butter. Bring to the boil and add your sliced potatoes and gently simmer them in the cream until they are soft. When they are soft layer the potatoes into casserole dish, seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic butter and nutmeg.
- Place the gratin potato dish into a hot oven and bake for 10-15 mins until the top is golden.
- Sauté the washed spinach in a hot pan until starting to wilt, season with salt and then drain off any excess liquid.
- Serve the wellington with the gratin and baby spinach.
For the Stuffing
200g white breadcrumbs
½ onion, finely chopped
Large Handful Herbs: Sage (also thyme, rosemary), leaves chopped
¼ lemon, zest only
1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 egg yolk
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and gently sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the herbs for 1 minute, then add breadcrumbs to absorb the butter.
- Mix in the lemon zest and seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat, mix in the parsley and egg.