2 vanilla pods
50g butter, softened
6 clementines, tangerines or small oranges, halved (peaches or pineapples can also be used)
6 tbsp muscovado sugar
4 tbsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier
Serve with vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Heat the grill.
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds. Mix in with the butter.
- Put the clementine halves into a snug fitting baking dish.
- Sprinkle over liqueur, sugar and dot with the vanilla butter.
- Grill on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the surface begins to bubble.
- Serve with ice cream and drizzle over the sauce that forms.
You'll learn this wonderful middle eastern recipe and much more on our Middle Eastern Supper club