50g butter, diced
50g caster sugar
40g golden syrup
50g plain flour
½ tsp ground ginger
½ lemon, zest only
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment.
- Gently heat the butter, sugar and syrup until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Sift the flour and ginger together, then stir into the melted mixture with the lemon zest. Drop tablespoons of the mixture on to the baking sheets, leaving 10cm between them as they will spread a lot. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes until cooked, checking to make sure they do not burn.
- When they\'re ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Remove from the baking sheets using a palette knife. Mould over an upturned jam jar or ramekin, pressing the edges out to get a basket shape. Transfer to wire racks to cool. If the biscuits set before they have been shaped, return them to the oven for a few minutes to soften. Store in an airtight container until required.
- To serve, place on a plate and fill with a large scoop of ice cream.