1 small bar of bourneville chocolate or 2oz/60g dark chocolate
1 large egg
Icing sugar or cocoa
Individual ramekin/soufflé dish
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
- Melt the chocolate either in a pyrex bowl over simmering water or in the microwave.
- Allow to cool slightly, for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, separate the egg and whisk the white stiffly.
- Now, beat the yolk into the cooled chocolate and then gently fold the white into the mixture.
- Pour into a soufflé dish or ramekin and bake in the oven for 10 mins. Should be set on top but with a wobble, so it’s still saucy underneath.
- Dust with icing sugar or cocoa if liked and eat immediately. Delicious as is or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Note: This recipe multiplies well but if making for more than two, allow slightly more time to cook, say another five minutes for four and 10 for six. Simply multiply the above quantity by the amount of people eating.