4 Lamb Kidneys (soaked in milk overnight)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
480ml double cream
20g tarragon, chopped
Juice of ½ Lemon
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat pan, add oil and sauté kidneys for 1-2 minutes on each side, depending on size.
- Remove kidneys from the pan and let rest.
- In the same pan, add calvados, to deglaze pan and reduce by half.
- Add the cream, repeat the step above, and again, reduce by half.
- Season the sauce with the mustard, chopped tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Re-heat the kidneys in the sauce, and serve with the remaining tarragon.