4 chicken fillets, sliced lengthways
2 limes, grated zest and juice
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp tabasco sauce
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 peppers, thinly sliced, (green and red or yellow)
3 tbsp sunflower oil
4 large flour tortillas
Serve with: creme fraiche, guacamole, salsa, grated cheese, even sweet chilli sauce
- Place the sliced chicken breasts in a large bowl. Add the lime zest and juice, the caster sugar, oregano, paprika, tabasco sauce. Mix thoroughly and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes – longer if you have the time.
- Pat the chicken dry with kitchen roll.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 5–6 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the peppers and onions and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken strips are cooked through and the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a serving dish.
- Gently warm the tortillas in the oven, or lightly grill them (without crisping), set aside and keep covered.
- To serve, spread a little salsa over a warm tortilla and top with a spoonful of guacamole. Heap a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the centre, finish with a dollop of soured cream and a little grated cheese. Fold the tortilla over the filling and serve straight away.