1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced thinly into ½ cm thick rounds
30g pine nuts
2-3 Sage leaves, torn
100g goats cheese
2 red onions, sliced
handful thyme, leaves
100ml balsamic vinegar
100g brown sugar
2 sheets filo pastry
- Toss the sweet potato in salt, pepper and oil then roast at 200°C for 20 mins.
- Cut the filo into round shapes, buttering each sheet of filo pastry with melted butter and layer on top of each other. Bake the filo discs for 15 mins at 200°C.
- Mix together the goats cheese, sage leaves and pine nuts.
- To make red onion marmalade add the sliced onions, thyme, vinegar and sugar to a pot and simmer for 10-15 mins until thick and sticky.
- Reheat your red onion jam.
- While still warm layer the filo discs with sweet potato and goat cheese. Serve with red onion marmalade (Optional: and pan-fried spinach).