500g firm Tofu (4 pieces)
15g coconut oil (1 tbsp)
For The Lime Glaze
1tbsp lime zest
40ml lime juice (1 medium lime)
60ml agave syrup (70g)
100ml tamari soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Half each piece of Tofu into two to make 8 pieces.
- Place the coconut oil on a roasting tray and place in the oven to melt for a minute.
- Once oil has melted, place each tofu piece onto the tray, covering the tofu lightly in the oil.
- Return to the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Once the tofu is baking, start reducing the glaze by pouring the lime juice, agave syrup and tamari into a small pan over a medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it is reduced by a third to 120ml.
- Remove from the heat, add the lime zest and set aside.
- Now back to the tofu…By now the tofu should have been baking for 12 to 15 minutes, and you will need to turn each piece over and then return to the oven, continuing to bake for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, pour half of the lime glaze over the tofu pieces and return to the oven for a few more minutes. Now you will need to turn the tofu over a couple of more times continuing to bake until the glaze has been absorbed into the tofu.
- Serve over rocket leaves and toasted crushed cashews, pouring the remaining glaze over the tofu pieces to finish.